Ready, Set, Bake… and Export! The National Competition of Biscuits and Cakes by CubeJunction.Com
Attention all bakers! CubeJunction.com under the mentorship of the Cottage and Youth Initiative Program (CYIP) through Brunei’s National Chamber of Commerce and Industry is organizing a National Competition of Biscuits and Cakes. Sounds good so far, but here’s where it really gets interesting: the winner of the competition will have their winning product exported to international markets by global export giant Longrich. This is a chance for local bakers to really strut their stuff, not just in cube stores or markets or shops in Brunei, but on an international level.
Details of the competition were shared at a press conference chaired by Capt (Rtd) Zailan bin Pehin Dato Mohd Don in his capacity as CYIP Principal Mentor and as Competition Advisor, In-House Competition Organizer Siti Zaleha binti Kifrawi of Eko Kampung, Cube Junction Chief Executive Officer Haji Ramlee bin Begawan Pehin Khatib Dato Paduka Haji Zainuddin and members of his team.
Organized by EKO Kampung, who previously organized the “Eko Kampung Cuisine 2016” recipe competition last year, the competition hopes to provide a platform for local baking experts to showcase their craftsmanship.
The winner of each category will win cash money of BND3,000.00, a certificate of recognition and to have their winning product exported to international retail outlets by Longrich.
Cash prizes are also available for the 3rd, 2nd and 1st runners up for each category, a certificate of recognition, and their products will be supplied to local retail chains.
Those in the 4th to 20th place will be listed on an exclusive and luxury website powered by CubeJunction.com (subject to minimal listing fees), while those in the 21st to 100th place will get complimentary listings on the Cubejunction.com website.
Other things you need to know about this competition:
- The competition is open to all Bruneian vendors of CubeJunction.com. If you aren’t already a vendor, register first here . You will only need to pay a one-time registration fee of BND100.
- There are two categories in this competition: Category A: Biscuits / Category B: Cakes
- Contestants can enter one or both categories, and can submit a maximum of five products in each category. The first entry for each category is free, any additional product will be charged at BND20 per entry.
- For each entry submitted, contestants must submit 2 sets of each product. One is for tasting, and the other for photography and display.
- All ingredients used must be halal.
- All contestants must agree and declare that the products submitted are baked by themselves and no relabeled or rebranded third party product is used.
- Judges appointed by CubeJunction.com and their affiliates will decide on the winning product. The decision made will be final and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- By entering this competition, contestants agree to be bound by competitions rules and will grant for the Competition Administrative Committee to use their name and likeness and ingredients/recipe names without further compensation. Recipes and recipe names may be modified by the Competition Administrative Committee.
The Competition Registration Form can be downloaded here, and the latest to submit registration is on 11th April 2017, but products need to be submitted within 27th-30th April 2017, which will then be on display at the KHub. Winners will be announced on CubeJunction.com on 19th May 2017.
While this is a great opportunity for local bakers, this competition will also help realize Brunei’s potential in the e-commerce industry and reinforce the fact that an online business is a great platform to promote and sell local products both locally and internationally, and also serve as a reminder to the public that our locals do have the capacity to deliver on quality products worthy to be distributed on an international basis.
So what are you waiting for? Products submitted does not have to be Bruneian or Asian specialties. Use your imagination and get that winning recipe ready!
CubeJunction.com is a Brunei-owned e-Commerce platform that promotes local products to develop locally with the objective of introducing these local products into the international markets. They dedicate themselves to continuously find ways of achieving this objective via innovative programs and events, including this competition, which hopes to provide a platform for local bakers to showcase their skills and craftsmanship. To learn more, visit their website here.